Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blog Assignment 3

 What is Peer Editing?              

I learned while watching the video "Peer Editing" that it is very important to always be positive and compliment the person's work that you are editing. Editing someone's work is not always an easy thing to do, but I have learned from my other blogs that it is helpful and it helps me see what mistakes I am making. Editing someone's blog hasn't been my strongest area, but after watching the video and the slides on peer editing, I feel more confident.

I thought the video about Picky Patty and Mean Margaret was really funny. It set the perfect example of the what not to do when you critique someone else's work. Like the sources stated in the video we should always, remember to complement each other first and try not to send any negative vibes to the person you are editing. The last thing I want to do is come across offensive. It is very important to maintain a positive attitude and we should all remember that we are all here for the same thing and should try to help each other.

 Technology in Special Education   

Lacy Cook did a great job illustrating how important technology is in the class rooms with special education students. With technology, it makes it easier for the students to learn and to communicate. I think it would be great if all the school systems could invest in the technology needed to help these students. Many people don't understand the obstacles that special education students face, and I think a lot of people would have a change of heart if they would take the time to sit down and watch this video. With technology these students are able to do everyday tasks that we take for granted.

While watching the video you could see the students were able to complete their work and read books independently and that seemed to make a big difference with them. Technology plays an important role with everyone but the impact this has in their class room is really rewarding and worth the expense to get these students the things they need. I think as technology continues to improve, it will continue to benefit these students and help them learn important everyday tasks.

  How the IPAD works with Academics for Autism




<








I was so impressed with how Braden was doing so well with his counting and writing out his words. This is another example of how technology is a positive influence on the children with special needs. These apps that they come up with do so much with these children who are not anywhere near the grade level they should be. When you have a child that has autism, a task as easy as writing your name is a big deal to them. This technology helps them learn the basic skills that we take for granted every day.

  Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts

I really enjoyed the video on Vicki Davis! She has a really good approach in her class room, and it helped her students learn to teach their self and to be independent. I hope that when I start teaching, I do as well as she does. I really hope that I am able to be a positive influence on my students. I think that the younger the children are,the easier all these changes within the world of technology are easier to grasp.

I loved the idea of getting the students involved and letting them help teach, while she sat back and learned. It just shows that no matter what age we are, we still have plenty of knowledge to gain. Her student's seemed to be well rounded, and less dependent on her.

3 comments:

  1. Anna,

    I am glad you found Vicki Davis' classroom to be an engaging one. Her classroom certainly is not the norm right now! I would have liked to read about what app you chose for special needs kids but I did not see a section on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,

    Thank you for your feed back, next time I will try to focus on the importance of other things as well. Thank you for reading my blog and giving me your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were some good points you made about the Vicki Davis and the Ipad for the Autstic children.The punctuation and sentence's are great.You made valid point's on all you'r work.You even gave me a few pointer's.Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete