Saturday, September 22, 2012

Comment for Teacher (C4T) Assignment #1



Frank Noschese

First Post    

 In Frank Noschese's first blog he was discussing "Keep it simple standards-based grading". He was teaching a section of conceptual chemistry for the first time, and he thought to make things easier he would use the points- system. As he sat down to grade his first quiz, he realized that the points-system wouldn't work.
 I agree with Frank Noschese about his choice. As a future teacher, I want my students to think that I'm grading them fairly, but I don't want them to get by with easy points. I don't agree with giving partial credit, I feel you either get all of it or nothing. I don't think students benefit from getting half of something right.

Second Post

In his second blog he writes about his AP Physics C students. He has them make screen casts explaining the workings of and reasoning behind their VPython programs. His reasoning behind it is that it helps give him an idea of who understands and who doesn't.  I think his idea made a lot of sense. Some students either don't realize their mistakes or they don't ask for help. This way he can see who gets it and who doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment