Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A world where grades will be left behind   

Sebastian Thrun, A Google Vice President and research professor, founded an education company called "Udacity." Thrun's Udacity is neither the first nor last high-tech experiment seeking to revolutionize education.  Thrun thinks that education should be as fun as a video game, and free to anyone who is interested. I agree that making learning fun is a way to keep the students interested. I also feel that there should be structure and routine involved with children's education.

Grades is what Thrun calls "the failure of the education system" won't exist. He thinks that students should be able to move at their own pace, and take as much time as they need. Personally I think that is a mistake, because all that does is teach them that they can take their time, and not excel at the pace they should. Not all students have the discipline to work at their own pace and work online. I do not agree with him, and as a future teacher I want to be able to help my students succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment