Monday, November 19, 2012

Blog Assignment #12

Our blog assignment for this week is to create an assignment for a blog post that Dr. Strange should have created. I am an Elementary Education major, and I really love the idea of my future students blogging. I think they can learn so much, and learn to express their self in a creative way.

The Assignment                        

Watch the video Randy Pausch Inspires Graduates . Write 2 or more paragraphs discussing the video.


My Post

Randy Pausch  gave a very inspiring speech to the graduates of Carnegie Mellon University on May 18, 2008. All the videos that we have watched  in EDM 310 this semester, Randy Pausch is my favorite. In This video he speaks about finding your passion in life.  He says that you can't wait until your on your death bed, because then it's too late. Life if full of experiences, and  you should always do what makes you happy.

Randy Pausch was a very inspirational person, and I think his advice is worth taking. I look back over the last ten years and I think of all the time I wasted not finishing my education. If  you don't make the most of it, one day you will look back, and think where has the time gone. As Mr. Pausch says " find your passion, and follow it." Your passion comes from the things that fuel you from the inside, not the materialistic things.


2 comments:

  1. Anna,

    Interesting choice. Inspirational videos are always a popular post when this assignment comes around. There are a selection of spelling errors, however, that detract away from the credibility of this post. Remember to proofread your work before you post it. (And no, I'm not going to list the errors for you. Dr. Strange has told us not to do that for y'all anymore. BUT, if I were going to do that, I would definitely point to some stuff in the first paragraph of your "response.")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna,
    I also liked Randy Pausch. He has done some amazing things in his short time on earth. I think that your idea was OK. You competed the assignment, but it wasn't much different from what we had already seen. I tried to go to the video but the link did not work. I noticed a few errors. Nothing major. I think Bailey covered it with what she had to say. Hope you had a GREAT Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete